Sunday, March 21, 2010

baking & butter cream class


i am finally posting about my amazing weekend :) 

i had an amazing time at my baking and butter cream class at bonnie gordon. it is really nice to be supervised by a le cordon bleu trained pâtissier and told what you do wrong. i learned a lot about ingredient combination techniques that i was unaware of and my cake masking skills have definitely improved. the first picture is the final product of my whole day's work on saturday, a vanilla cake with a layer of mango swiss meringue butter cream and frosted in vanilla swiss meringue butter cream.

now that i had such a great time at bonnie gordon i can hardly wait to take another class but i know i need to pace myself. which class should i take next: preserves and fillings for cakes or cupcake bouquets??? decisions decisions!

this second picture is of my cake in action on saturday night alongside a fabulous tarte tatin, yum! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment